Wine melodies: among art, wine and music
Let’s think about mixing together classic music, wine and summer…what do you get? The Festival “Melodie del Vino” ( web site ): an event that reached its third edition and which will be the meeting point for some of the best and prestigious wine producer of the whole Tuscany.
It’s inspired by the format used for “Grands Crus Musicaux”, very successfully and popular in France, and also in Tuscany, since three years, it has been thought to put wine and music passions together. And that’s not all…
From the end of June till the begin of July 5 high-level concert will take place in 5 different locations, spread out across Florence ( to sleeps in Florence: web site ), Siena, Grosseto and Livorno, inside wine cellars designated by some of the most famous Italian architects.
A way for tasting great wines, lovely music, but also for visiting some example of contemporary art, result of the genius of “arch -star” well-known worldwide, and borrowed to the wine’s world.
The nights will be divided in one starting part with wine tasting of the best wines of the wine firm (around 18.30 / 19.00) and a following part with the concert (20.30).
The dates are 5, and you can buy the tickets online, through the Box Office website.
Prices: 30€ (Sector A), 22€ (Sector B), 10€ (students).
A further discount is in place for those with an Alitalia boarding pass.
- The first date is the 27th of June at Cantina Antinori, recently renovated and inaugurated in Bargino (Florence), designated by Marco Casamonti. Some piano pieces will be played among the opera of J.S.Bach, J.Brahms e Tchaikovsky.
- The 29th of June in Suvereto (Livorno), at Cantina Petra, planned by Mario Botta: here two pianos will be playing Mozart, Tchaikovsky (The Flower Valzer) and the Spanish rhapsody of Ravel.
- Third legs the 2nd of July at Castello Poggio alle Mura Banfi in Montalcino (Siena): concert for piano and cello of some Beethoven, Chopin and Schubert operas.
- The 4th of July at Tenuta Rocca di Montemassi in Roccastrada, with the young Italian paino talent Beatrice Rana, who will be playing Schumann and Chopin.
- The 6th of July the Festival will close at Cantina della Tenuta Rocca di Frassinello, designed by Renzo Piano, in Gavorrano (Grosseto) with a wide program, from Beethoven, to Chopin and Listz.